SVP, Scrum Studio (Bi-lingual JP/EN)
About Scrum Ventures:
Scrum Ventures is a seed stage venture capital firm investing across a range of industries such as e-commerce, autonomous vehicles, SaaS, and hardware in the U.S. With an office based in San Francisco and a strong network throughout Asia, Scrum is well positioned to support its portfolio’s founders and teams. The firm manages three active funds and has invested in over 70 companies since 2014 such as LeTote, Lob, LivelikeVR, LeadGenius, Civil Maps, and ThirdLove.
About Scrum Studio:
Scrum Studio is a platform that connects global corporations with startups. Leveraging our partnerships with global corporations from Japan, we support and provide opportunities for startups to create successful new businesses. Through Scrum Studio, Scrum has worked with organizations such as Panasonic, Nintendo, and Dentsu. Read more about current Scrum Studio projects here: https://scrum.vc/studio/
- Work with the executive team to set goals and strategies for Scrum Studio.
- Maintain and grow the development of a line products to support innovation efforts of corporations through engagements with technology startups.
- Manage and grow an internationally distributed team and develop processes to optimize collaboration efforts.
- Oversee revenue generation through management and support of global business development activities.
- Lead, guide, direct, and evaluate the work of other employees and ensuring a healthy working environment.
- Communicate the progress of Scrum Studio projects to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written skills in both English and Japanese.
- 5+ years experience working with management level employees of large Japanese corporations
- Passion for and 10+ years experience around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital.
- Strong leadership and project management skills (goal-setting, organization, implementation, reporting).
- Entrepreneurial drive (comfortable with minimal direction and high expectations)
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build, and maintain strong working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- “Founder-first” mentality.
- Experience supporting startups professionally through investment or mentoring activities is desirable.
- Operational experience as founder or early employee at high-growth startups is desirable.
- Strong technical knowledge is desirable.
- Compensation is market competitive.
- This position will work out of our San Francisco office.
Scrum Ventures is an equal opportunity employer:
Scrum Ventures provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.