MBA Investment Team Intern (U.S.A.)
Scrum Ventures is an early-stage venture firm based in San Francisco. With entrepreneurial expertise and a strong network in Japan, we actively support portfolio global growth and success. Through our Scrum Studios platform, we connect global corporations with startups to partner in innovation.
Our investment team is looking for an MBA Intern who would like to gain experience and entry into the VC industry by working closely with the team on sourcing, diligence, thesis development, and more.
- Assist the team in identifying, sourcing, & evaluating new investment opportunities
- Research market opportunities, perform competitive landscape research, and complete one or more sector-specific deep dives/thesis reviews to help map out interesting investment opportunities
- Produce detailed financial analysis and investment due diligence for new potential investments and portfolio follow-on investments
- Work in a strategic capacity with portfolio companies on a regular basis and take ownership of ad hoc portfolio company projects
- Participate in virtual/in-person networking events
- Support Scrum VC portfolio operations, accounting/reporting, and financial requests
- Support marketing/PR initiatives by writing Medium posts sharing high-level insights from work and/or research completed over the course of the internship
- Ideally, an MBA/Masters student looking to enter the venture capital industry
2-5 years of work experience preferred at a top consulting firm, investment bank, venture fund/PE firm or technology company.
- A candidate with a technical background (i.e. engineering, CS, physics, math, etc.) and/or product management experience is a plus
- Experience at a high-growth technology company or in startup operations is a plus
- Domain experience or interest in emerging tech, deep tech/frontier tech, sustainability/climate change, fintech or AI/ML is a plus
- Demonstrated passion for technology, startups and entrepreneurship
- Personal integrity, initiative, quantitative expertise, strong communication skills, and the ability to work as an effective part of a team are essential
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a top tier undergraduate program
- Legally qualified to work in the U.S.
About Scrum Ventures
Scrum Ventures is an early-stage venture firm based in San Francisco with a growing Tokyo office. With entrepreneurial expertise and a strong network in Japan, we actively support portfolio global growth and success. Learn more at https://scrum.vc/
About Scrum Studios
Scrum Studio is an open innovation platform we launched in 2018 with the goal of incubating new businesses by connecting iconic Japanese corporations with startups from around the world. Some of our programs include Sports Tech Tokyo, SmartCityX, and Food Tech Studio - Bites! Learn more at https://scrum.vc/studio/