Investment Analyst - San Francisco
Scrum Ventures is an early-stage venture firm based in San Francisco with a growing Tokyo office. With entrepreneurial expertise and a strong network in Japan, we actively support portfolio global growth and success. We are looking for an Analyst to join our Investment Team.
As an Analyst working with the U.S. investment team, you will be expected to source potential investments, screen companies, perform due diligence, support portfolio companies, and conduct research on sectors and markets of interest. The role will have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility. We are looking for someone who is passionate about technology and thrives in collaborative and a fast-paced environment.
- Identify high-potential investment opportunities through various channels.
- Screen initial investments to determine if resources should be allocated
- Conduct diligence to analyze operational, technical, and financial aspects of companies
- Support portfolio companies with various projects and value add
- Build strong relationships within the technology community with an aim to support Scrum portfolio companies and source investment opportunities
- Take comprehensive notes on companies under review and meetings
- Attend events, conferences, and networking functions to stay up to date on industry trends and build a network
- Conduct research and develop expertise in certain markets and sectors of interest to Scrum
- 1-2 years of experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or strategy consulting
- Strong academic track record. Pre and post-MBA candidates will be considered
- Strong and demonstrated interest in technology, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Strong interpersonal and quantitative skills
- High attention to detail
- Preference for working in a team environment and ability to self-start
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- PowerPoint and Excel capabilities